Friday 1 November 2013

painting people working





It's hard to have any idea where to start reporting on my recent Discipline of Freedom workshop with Paul Oertel. I thought I might start by posting these pictures which were made while people were working. This is a unique form of painting, for me anyway, that has slowly developed over the last year or so. In the image above, Daniel Mandel was working with Paul on a song - a very melodic and beautiful song - and the work went on long enough for me to go on working the painting for some time. Before this one, he sang a different song which looked like this:




This allowed me to experiment with the feel of the voice and the melody, and the overall flow, before working on the longer piece.



The next one is of a piece of work where someone was dealing with a lot of unprocessed pain, which was an incredible and moving piece of work by Paul and the participant.





The one that follows was a dance piece by two people, moving to very earthy sounding provided by voice and viola.





And this next one was a solo sounding which went on a long journey...





Finally, this was a positively ecstatic dance piece by Paul and a participant that made me feel that I was watching Rumi dancing with his Beloved... Yes!





...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...