Friday 27 July 2012

play




The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves.
Carl Jung


When I play, it all gets so much more interesting. And even when I try to be serious, as when I realised that I had to do guide lines to make a better image. The appearance of something new that wasn't there before takes me off into a whole new place that I could never have anticipated or planned.


It turns out that I love the guide lines; that they add a whole new dimension to my experimenting with ideas of time, of ancient carvings as a record in stone of ancient sculptors measuring out their forms according to the scriptures...








.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...