Saturday 24 March 2012

internet collections



I'm discovering some extraordinary collections of  painters... http://www.scoop.it/t/les-artistes-du-web?page=1

Finding this work makes me feel slightly sick with jealousy and a sense of inadequacy, but at the same time, as I noted in my book yesterday, it seems to me that that feeling of jealously is a recognition, something speaking to me about what I'm looking to do myself.

And let's face it, these people have been painting for years. They've put in hours and hours and learnt and learnt and learnt, about materials, if nothing else, which I'm beginning to realise is a huge work in itself.  The technical stuff is huge, especially if material effects are the thing you're most interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...